Why we love David.
David. is cool, really cool, around the time of its release there was a quote from someone who claimed that David is like a super minimal Shadow of the Colossus, it's true! You'll probably have expectations from the visual style that's its going to be another minimal puzzler or platformer, but somehow, it feels more like a beat 'em up / shooter! Most importantly, you've never played anything like it. Amazing sound and style, incredible time based mechanic and death moments. A truly beautiful, absurdly creative game with loads of replay value.
- First time you use your gift and time slows...WAIT!
- Sound track that feels like FEZ and is similarly wonderful!
- That bit during the intro where the narrative is baked into the world :)
- The awesome boss names 'Wolf, Flee, Pride'
- The wonderful visual language used in the restart interface
- Discovering ARENA mode
- The big fat pixel text mixed with a super sharp vectors
- The damn coolness! (envious because we'll probably never make anything quite as cool!)
David is unique, so unique in fact that everyone who enjoys buying, playing and especially making games should get it immediately, wonderful! buy it!