Why we love Mountain
'Am I part of something amazing? - Nathan Barley' We can't decide if this 'game' is some kind of social experiment, a practical joke or a wonderful example of experiential design!? We love the fact that for about 24 hours the gaming world (and beyond!) seemed to be obsessed with Mountains (both desktop and mobile) in a kind of Tamagotchi, Cabbage Patch Kids, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy kinda way. However you look at it, mountain is polished and refined, stylish and beautiful. We sat with our mountains (Derrick and Roberta) pleasantly revolving as we merrily plugged away at our keyboards occasionally looking up to check conditions (particularly when a musical note plays!) and then comparing notes. Its an unusual experience but there is something strangely compelling about the pace and feel, we couldn't recommend it more highly for that reason alone.
- Patience - what a great way to say loading!
- A pie landing
- When your 20% battery indicator pops up and ruins the experience (whilst highlighting just how good the experience is!!)
- 'All this shall come to pass' 'I'm tickled blue by today' ('playing' game whilst typing!)
- The wonderful gospel voices that call in the morning!
- The weather!
- The inspiring uniqueness
- Playing music faster seems to speed up time - does this mean something :D
Mountain is a unique and unusual experience, both wonderfully polished and refined. If you havent played it, it's fascinating - buy it!